The Intellectual Stock Exchange
I am an Aquarius and I see life in bright colors and music. I have an abstract mind and I love to create and inspire others. My vision is to develop a community spirit that fosters openness and a willing to help and pay it forward.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?So far, my favorite part is the open space and the culture. Although I don't know everyone's personal vision, I know I am in the room with other dreamers. So that is inspiring within itself.
Amy McAdams Design
Hey. I’m Amy. I’m a little bit country and a little bit rock n’ roll. Amy McAdams Design is a boutique graphic design studio providing smart clients with beautiful, big-agency-quality design at a fraction of the price.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?As a way to meet new and interesting people, collaborate and make good things.
I have the awesome privilege of running marketing for InnovateMap, and also working directly with our clients on product marketing initiatives. I love to collaborate with the team and have a passion for staying on top of modern marketing trends and simplifying complex ideas into a structure and presentation that is easy to consume.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?We work, collaborate, meet with clients, and have fun at the Speak Easy!
My name is Kendrea Williams and I love alllllll things empowering. I am currently Executive Director of Dreamapolis and Organizer of PitchFeast, a bi-monthly community event that is held at the SpeakEasy.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?It is a space that is open and available to entrepreneurs of all levels. Its decision to be inclusive, tells me that the organization is serious about being a true resource for all entrepreneurs in this City, and I absolutely respect that.
Girl Get It Together LLC
My name is Tammy and my passion is to empower others to find their greatness and LIVE their passion. I am a speaker, educator and life coach! I love caramel vanilla cappuccino, event planning, reading and traveling. “Remember to embrace your storm; it is only temporary!”
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSGirl Get It Together is an empowerment workshop series designed to empower, educate and transform the lives of women and teens.
I have always had a passion for dreaming up new businesses and now am making that passion my work as I build and grow Kenji.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSKenji is a marketplace for small businesses to find and manage top legal, consulting, and other professionals.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership? use the Speak Easy as a place to work, meet others, and make those serendipitous connections that many great businesses evolve from.
I love supporting all things local, cooking up delicioso meals, biking around town and traveling the world, spoiling my doggie…and of course practicing yoga.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?t excites me to be surrounded by others like myself...who have their hands in a multitude of projects and are always inspired, thinking and growing. This is where I belong.
Grateful every day that I got cut from the basketball team two years in a row. I work at @TheFirstFund and @Lessonlyapp, and I write songs.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSLesson.ly makes easy-to-use training software that helps growing teams stay on the same page.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?Meetings, refreshers.
Lemonade Day Indianapolis
I run Lemonade Day Indianapolis which teaches kids how to start, own and operate their own business: a lemonade stand!
- How has membership at the Speak Easy impacted you?Since I have no formal office, the Speak Easy has really filled a gap for me.
- How would you describe the Speak Easy to someone who had never visited?The first thing I say is that the actual physical space is amazing - rustic and urban at the same time, warm and open. I also describe it as being very laid back, casual which I appreciate and a great place to run into someone unexpected!
Girl Develop It Indianapolis
Hi! I’m Lindsay Siovaila – a front-end developer and one cool nerd. I’m one of the co-leaders for Girl Develop It, a meetup that offers classes geared towards women who want to learn web development.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?I've lived in Indy for over five years but never felt very connected to the broader tech and design community until I started hanging out at the Speak Easy. The energy and atmosphere here sparks creativity and lots of good conversations between people who might have never met otherwise.
United State of Indiana
Hi, my name’s Graham. I own a company called United State of Indiana, which sells locally-made apparel, art and accessories. I enjoy brashly defending local living and work with other artists and entrepreneurs around the state in an effort to make Indiana a nationally-recognized haven for creative professional who choose collaboration over competition.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?I've been able to meet and become friends with designers like Ryan Hunley, Amy McAdams and Britney Mason, whose work I admire immensely. It's always helpful to have people close by who inspire you to turn out better work and keep working harder.
I’m a 28 year old social entrepreneur with a vision to change not only the fitness goals of Central Indiana youth, but how our generation approaches philanthropic giving and engagement. When I launched Nine13sports 4 years ago, I had no idea what the future would hold but I’m incredibly excited for the journey it has taken me on and the relationships I’ve been able to build as a result.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?Speak Easy is my central office, my support network, a place where I work side by side with some of the most brilliant minds in Indianapolis and have a beer with them after a long day. It's my home.
Fashion photographer, social entrepreneur, typeface snob, sushi lover, mom, wife and adopted Hoosier that really likes to cuss.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?Running into people I really respect and like every time I visit. The feeling of camaraderie and energy. Of cool things happening in members' lives and businesses.
I’m a lawyer, helping companies in all stages of their corporate life: from entity formation, to raising capital, addressing contractual needs, and ultimately, to an exit. I love what I do. I also love to travel.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?Undoubtedly, it is our ability to regularly interact with clients in a comfortable and unique setting. We end up being better connected to their ideas, their vision, and we are in a better position to help our clients avoid risks and make sound business and legal decisions.
Intrigued by finance and start-ups. Obsessed with sports (especially Indy sports). Graduated with a finance degree from IU Bloomington where I raised over 192K for a charity that I co-founded. Spent 5 years in Chicago working for a financial SaaS company and landed back in Indy a few years ago. Currently Co-founder and CRO of bookacoach.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?The social and entrepreneurial environment. Really, the people that I am surrounded with while there.
We love to brainstorm Product ideas.
- How would you describe the Speak Easy to someone who had never visited?The Speak Easy is like a giant interactive coffee house or student union for startup businesses. It gets young companies and their leaders out of their garage and exposed to like people and companies which allows them to grow and help each other.
- Why should people who don’t use the Speak Easy still regularly donate to it?The Speak Easy fosters startup, small business and individual professional success. This is essential to the economic health of Indy.
Second Street Creative
I’m Ryan, I like to make things.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSSecond Street Creative is a full service creative collective specializing in art direction, branding and web development.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?Many ways, creative collaboration, escape from the grind, home base.
Hello. Tim here. Pleased to meet you all.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSI direct real-people based films, commercials and corporate videos. You can follow my profile series at facebook.com/realpeople.realmoments.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership? need a place to think. And occasionally speak to others.
Build websites, apps, communities, music, and occasionally my beard.
- How do you believe the existence and accessibility of the Speak Easy has affected Indianapolis?It has made connections that otherwise wouldn't have been made. It has acted as a focal point for many different communities, and even a focal point for those disparate communities to come together as one, as well.
Broad Ripple Group
I am a writer by training and a technologist by interest. I returned to Indianapolis in 2009 following six years in Silicon Valley. My passion is helping clients find the most effective way to describe complex ideas and technologies. I love the Indianapolis technology and entrepreneurial community for it’s accessibility to new-comers (and returnees).
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?:I enjoy having a flexible and accessible environment to work and host meetings that isn't a coffee shop.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSIndy Made is a comprehensive platform to measure and map all of the startup activity in Indianapolis and Central Indiana.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?We use the Speak Easy as a resource to reach out the startup community in Indianapolis.
After bouncing around from being an in-house and an agency marketing guy, I started Hatchet, a strategic marketing firm.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?For an alternative to the office. Collaborate with like minded entrepreneurs.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?The network of people.
I’m a web developer with a philosophy degree and a hunger for understanding how things work. I’m fascinated by the intersections between technology and our humanity, and spend my working hours building human-centered software.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?Speak Easy members always seem interested in making the community bigger and better.
I help businesses listen to their customers, communicate clearly, and execute as promised.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?We use the Speak Easy to dream and execute our vision -- make work life more enjoyable.
- What is your favorite part about being a member of the Speak Easy?The atmosphere compels my mind to think in the free zone (wouldn't it be great ...)
Pretty good with technology. Enjoy conversations that make people think. Love to laugh, even at myself.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSA healthcare analytics tool for employers focused on wellness outcomes for employees and their families.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?It's a great place to work when I need a change of scenery, and I always run into people I know.
ACE Preparatory Academy Charter School
Few things make me happier than admitting I’m a teacher.
- TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESSACE Prep is a proposed charter school for K-5 students set to open in August of 2016 and located in the 46220 zip code.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?I am excited to establish a local office within the community that our school will serve. I envision using the space productively - be it just me getting work done, hosting meetings, gathering our board, and collaborating with others.
Journalist by trade, entrepreneur by choice. As a journalist, I try to write stories that inspire, challenge and educate the community around me. On any given day, you might find me in one of Indianapolis’ local cafes tapping away at my beat up laptop and all but injecting my body with the liquid gold that some call “coffee”.
- How do you use your Speak Easy membership?I use the Speak Easy to get work done, feel comfortable in my workspace and be around like-minded people.
Speak Easy Broadripple
Address: 5255 Winthrop Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46220, United States